Updated COVID-19 Resources
August 4, 2020
FarmHouse is here to help you and your brothers continue to virtually build men intellectually, spiritually, socially/morally and physically, as you’ve done so on your campus in person. We have shifted to virtual chapter support for fall 2020 and you will meet virtually with your staff liaison throughout the semester.
We have compiled resources that you should find helpful as you plan for the fall below.
EXTERNAL ORGANIZATION RESOURCES
Zoom webinar link follow-up with Kahlin McKeown at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the password.
Although your brothers may be living in the chapter facility or close to one another, we recommend hosting chapter meetings and voting virtually. You can use Zoom, Google Hangouts, Skype or Microsoft Teams. Some of these offer voting capabilities via the platform. If you reach a maximum limit on attendees reach out to the FarmHOuse International staff. Our Zoom account has a high capacity. If you need to create custom polls for chapter voting we recommend a free platform such as https://www.easypolls.net/. One you create an account there are several options to choose from with customization options.
We are crowdsourcing ideas for ways to share brotherhood and personal development virtually. Staying connected during this time will help grow a real sense of brotherhood and belonging. This not only will help your chapter stay strong until you’re able to return for campus, but helps our brothers keep a sound mind.
Email us your ideas and check out the different operations sections below for tips and ideas to keep your chapter connected in this time.
We encourage members to stay aware and informed by reading any information shared by your college/university and monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website for details about the coronavirus, how it spreads and what you can do to help protect yourselves and your brothers.
Recruitment is the lifeblood of your chapter, seniors are about to graduate, and retention can be challenging over summer months. It will be critical for the health of your chapter to continue recruitment efforts. Here are ways to do that virtually — connecting person-to-person, even while social distancing.
- Establish weekly recruitment committee meetings over Google Hangout, Zoom or conference call. Use this as a time to clean up your potential new member list and add more names to the list.
- Use Curt Herzog, Director of Growth and Development, as a resource for your chapter! Curt, along with your chapter liaison, are resources that can help you construct a plan for summer/fall recruitment to be successful.
- Work your Potential New Member (PNM) list! Continue to interact with PNMs digitally. Conduct member interviews through video chat, play an online video game together to interact, etc. Most importantly, make sure you’re staying in touch with PNMs throughout the time you’re away from campus.
- Reach out to legacies. This is a population who likely already has knowledge of what FarmHouse stands for, what he can gain from it and what he can give.
- Extend bids via Facetime or video call (*if restrictions aren’t in place). Mail or email a bid card, and follow up to get him registered.
- If your chapter has PNMs sign bid cards, this is a free online tool where you can upload a PDF of the bid card and send it to a PNM to sign.
- Since there may not be in-person aspects of chapter operations to involve a PNM in right now, set up time virtually for the chapter to connect.
- Speaking of retention being challenging … It’s all about helping people stay connected! If they are able to keep strong friendship ties and find value in FarmHouse during this time, they’re far more likely to return to the chapter in the fall.